Interventional Pain Management Specialist
Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh is a graduate of Ross University Medical School where he earned the prestigious Award of Academic Excellence. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. Following his internship, Dr. Reyfman completed a residency in Anesthesiology with focus on Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY.
With pain management being his primary interest, Dr. Reyfman pursued and was granted a fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital. While at Columbia/St. Lukes Roosevelt, Dr. Reyfman honed his skills and gained extensive experience in patient interaction, continuity of care, physical rehabilitation, and the value of teamwork. Dr. Reyfman is board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Reyfman has extensive clinical experience and training in invasive and non-invasive pain management.
He currently serves as the Director of Interventional Pain Medicine at Long Island College Hospital and is Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School. Dr. Reyfman is a member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians as well as the International Spine Intervention Society. Dr. Reyfman is actively involved in Pain Management research.
- Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica.
- The British Institute of Homeopathy, England.
Degree: Homeopathy; Nutrition.
- Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, Brooklyn, NY.
Degree: BS Pharmacy
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY.
Degree: BS Biochemistry
Post Graduate Training
- Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital – New York, NY.
Fellow, Department of Pain Management
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY.
Resident, Department of Anesthesiology
- Maimonidies Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
Intern, Department of Internal Medicine
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
- Physician and Surgeon Licensed by the New York and New Jersey Medical Board.
- Board Certified by American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
- Board Certified by American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice.
- American Medical Association (AMA), 2002-present.
- American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), 2003-present.
- NY State Society of Anesthesiology (NYSSA), 2003-present.
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA), 2005-present.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), 2007-present.
- International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS), 2007-present.
- North American Spine Society (NASS), 2011-present.
- The New York Pain Society, 2011-present. Founding member.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2010-present.
- The Medical Society of the State of New York, 2004-present.
- International Society of Medical Laser Application, 2013-present.
- America’s Top Doctors | The Best in American Medicine
- The Leading Physicians of the World
- Patients Honor Dr. Leonid Reyfman for Compassion
- The American Registry | The Most Recognized Businesses and Professionals in America