CBD oil is one of the latest and most promising treatment options for many different conditions. CBD oil benefits may prove helpful to you if you check with your pain doctors in NYC. To date, CBD treatment has proven effective for everything from chronic pain to anxiety and Alzheimer’s disease. CBD treatment for ADHD is showing promising results for adults with the condition. Talk to your doctor at Pain Physicians NY about CBD oil treatment for your chronic pain or inflammation.
Everywhere you go, cannabidiol (CBD) seems to be getting touted as the latest trend in pain management. As more and more people discover the many CBD oil benefits of this up and coming treatment, its popularity continues to spread. Although CBD oil is a derivative of marijuana plants, it contains 0.3 percent of the plant’s tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This means that it doesn’t have the same intoxicating effects.
Marijuana plants contain 80 different active cannabinoid chemicals. The effects of these chemicals are the result of the way they interact with your body’s receptors. Because of its lack of THC, CBD oil reacts differently with the receptors in your brain that produce the high or euphoric sensations that pot normally delivers. The reaction caused by CBD oil is about 100 times weaker than marijuana and doesn’t alter your perception.
CBD Oil Benefits
The benefits of CBD oil treatment are numerous, and the growing interest continues to spark further research. Some of the conditions that CBD treatment has proven effective for include:
- Pain relief and reducing inflammation. CBD treatment presents a much more natural solution to different types of pain than prescriptions or over-the-counter medications. Research shows it to be an effective treatment for stiffness and chronic pain.
- Cancer. CBD is being studied as an anti-cancer agent because it appears to have the ability to restrict the growth of cancer cells and block them from spreading to other areas of your body. It’s even believed to block cancer cells from entering some areas of your body entirely.
- Withdrawal from drugs. Early findings lean to CBD’s ability to ease opioid withdrawal due to its direct affect on symptoms such as:
- Mood changes
- Muscle cramps
- An aid to quit smoking. Evidence suggests that people attempting to quit smoking smoked fewer cigarettes and had significantly reduced cravings for nicotine when they also use CBD inhalers.
- ADHD. CBD treatment for ADHD is proving effective due to its ability to calm your nerves and put you at ease. This can have a significant impact on your concentration, learning ability and productivity. If you suffer from ADD or ADHD, your life is marked by:
CBD treatment for ADHD can offer noticeable relief from these relentless symptoms and reduce dependence on stimulant medications like Ritalin or Adderall.
- Epilepsy. The role of CBD oil treatment for epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders is another ongoing area of research. It’s believed to have substantial anti-seizure properties, backed by an extremely low risk of side effects.
- Schizophrenia. CBD oil treatment is currently the subject of studies attempting to prove that it has similar effects as certain anti-psychotic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Anxiety. Chronic anxiety can be a truly debilitating condition that affects people from all walks of life. People with chronic anxiety are generally advised against using THC since in some cases, it enhances feelings of anxiety. Researchers firmly believe that CBD can drastically reduce anxiety behaviors in additional disorders, such as:
- General anxiety
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety
- Acne. Acne is an inflammatory skin condition. As a topical treatment, CBD oil also has positive effects on the sebaceous glands in your body that produce oily skin.
- Type 1 diabetes. This type of diabetes is also the result of inflammation. This swelling occurs when your immune system attacks the cells in your pancreas. Reducing this swelling is an important step toward developing definitive treatment for this condition.
- Alzheimer’s disease. The early stages of this line of research have been quite promising for preventing social recognition deficit. In early stages of the disease, CBD treatment could eventually prevent patients from losing the ability to recognize faces of friends and family.
While CBD oil benefits are hard to deny, its legality varies from state to state. Thankfully, New York State is one of the 46 states where CBD is legal. Since it’s still such a groundbreaking treatment, little is known about long-term risks, but very few problems have arisen so far.
Discussing CBD with a medical expert is the best place to start. And don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of different brands and misinformation on the market. The specialists at Pain Physicians NY are happy to discuss all of your available treatment options to determine which are best for you.